titanium powder substance is a powder that is obtained by the reduction of metal oxides. The particles of titanium in the substance have a different shape and an uneven surface, which facilitates the molding during sintering. Titanium powder is made according to TU 14-22-57-92 “Titanium powder. Technical conditions. " The powder is made using a special titanium sponge and is subjected to reduction by calcium hybridomas. Four types of titanium powder are distinguished: porous powder, titanium powder, chemical titanium powder, electrolytic titanium powder. Each type of titanium powder has its own specifications and its own manufacturing method.
The chemical composition of the titanium powder of the TPP grades does not differ in a large set of elements, therefore, in addition to the base, it contains three other impurities. So, the basis in the powder is titanium with a mass fraction of not less than 60%. In addition to titanium, the powder contains impurities such as: iron, nitrogen, chlorine. Moreover, the amount of each substance may differ in each brand. So, for example, iron can be from 0.4 to 1.8%. Nitrogen in a titanium powder is slightly less than iron. The nitrogen content can be from 0.08 to 1.1%. The smallest amount of titanium powder is chlorine. Depending on the brand, it can be from 0.1 to 0.45%.
Titanium powders made according to TU 14-22-57-92 have a slightly different chemical composition. They contain a large number of other impurities in addition to the main element - titanium. So, in addition to titanium, it contains nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen, iron, nickel, silicon, calcium, chlorine. You can read more about the amount of these impurities in the composition of titanium powder in the above TU.
● Titanium powders are used in the manufacture of corrosion-resistant fine filters for industrial liquids and for the creation of regenerable filters for the purification of drinking water.
● It is used in medicine for the manufacture of implants.
● It is used for the production of pyrotechnic products.
● Used for the manufacture of gas spray absorbers.
● They are also used for plasma and microplasma spraying.
● Titanium powder is used as the basis for a special charge, which is used to obtain a wide variety of composite and refractory materials.
● Powder is used to make various parts, products, as well as semi-finished products, which are then used in other industries.
● It is also used at various chemical and metallurgical enterprises.
Titanium powder has unique positive properties, such as excellent corrosion resistance, wear resistance and strength. The powder is distinguished by its lightness and resistance to the negative effects of chlorine. It is also heat-resistant, heat-resistant.